CNBLUE's Minhyuk’s Interview in Ceci Magazine Jan. 2013

Ceci : Please introduce yourself to start this interview.
Minhyuk : A person who wants to become a strong man Kang~~ Min Hyuk. I hope this year more people will recognize the name Kang Min Hyuk.
Translator’s note : the hangul for “Kang” = Strong and “Kang” Min Hyuk is the same so he plays with it when introducing himself”

Ceci : I have watched your movie Acoustic.It feels good to get influenced by that kind of innocence.
Minhyuk : Really? You’re one of the few people who have watched this movie. It was the first time I acted. Because it tells a story about a boy who is in a band and has similar age with me so I don’t feel too much pressure. The director calmly help me interpret the story so I become more relax too.

Ceci : From drama “It’s Okay, Daddy’s Girl” , “Heartstrings”, to “My Husband Got a Family”, have you felt the rapid increase of Ahjumma fans?
Minhyuk : Actually, I always play drum at the back. I realize that even though a lot of people know CNBLUE but they don’t know how i look. Nowadays, no matter which restaurant I went, the owner always give me extra foods, furthermore there are people who can recognize me from my voice.  They even said I am handsome.

Ceci :I read an interview saying that you like the writer Guillaume Musso?
Minhyuk: I really like books like Bernard Werber’s “The Butterfly of the Stars” and Guillaume Musso’s “Because I Love You”. Instead of saying I chose a book based on the writer I like, actually I am the kind of guy who will get immersed in a book if the content is good. I like books that can spark imagination ,but on the other hand by getting immersed in this fantasy world, makes it easier to connect the story with real life story. Even though nowadays I am very busy so there are a lot of books that I am unable to read, but more often than not, because a book is very interesting, I read it again multiple times. I really can’t help it when I got curious. Usually I read book before I went to sleep.

Ceci : What is your ideal type?
Minhyuk : When people communicate with each other, we will look at each others’ eyes. I like the the kind of person who will give me profound feeling when our eyes meet. I like a person who has beautiful eyes.

Ceci : Fill in the blank question. After filling it out, talk about the order of these identities according to you.
Minhyuk : (Loyal to band mate) musician. (Confident) actor. (Handsome) man. (Best) husband. (Honest and upright) father. Ah.. it’s too hard. Firstly, husband, musician, and actor are all in the first place. For the remaining two, I have no idea how to arrange their order.

Ceci : We are all ordinary people, so is there something you want to steal from other member?
Minhyuk : If I combine them all, I want Jungshin’s stature, Yonghwa’s talent in music, as for Jonghyun’s hyung I guess it’s his iron mask? Jonghyun hyung is a person who doesn’t care about how other people see him, It’s that strong sense of self-confidence.

Ceci : Both you and Jungshin are the magnae line, is there a lot of hardship?
Minhyuk :  Actually, Jungshin is the magnae, even though we are of the same age but between us that is the rank. Based on what both hyung said I really don’t look like a magnae.

Ceci : Other members have talked about each others’ secret, so of course with no exception you have to say some too.
Minhyuk : Actually, I don’t even need to say it, everyone knows Jungshin is a coward. But recently I found out that he is afraid of ghost too. (Ceci : Why did you suddenly talk about ghost?). Recently, we moved to a new dorm. Every time JS heard strange voices he will wrangle at our KAKAO group chat. When we’re on the plane too, he will get scared and scream “A~!!”  just because of a small turbulence, and when it has stabilize he will take a deep breath and exhaled exaggeratedly.

Ceci : Everyone knows that today’s theme is CNBLUE’s New Year Party. If you’re this party host what do you want to do?
Minhyuk : In real life? or my own fantasy?

Ceci :It’s up to you. We can give you infinite budget for your dream and exploding fantasy party.
Minhyuk : If it’s in real life, I will use my own money and bought a large pile of beers, and then while drinking we will chat at different places. If it’s my own fantasy, I want to play till my hearts content. 20 years later after CNBLUE’s concert we will open a celebration party and new year party together. We will rent a very luxurious place and gather everyone who loves CNBLUE and our friends. We will happily play while listening to the music. There is no restriction. If at that time all of us have our own wife or girlfriend it would be better

Ceci : So usually at the celebration party of your concert it must be very lively.
Minhyuk : Even though we will drink beer or have a barbecue party, but actually at that day we are not that lively, because everyone is exhausted.

Ceci : Looks like you have to charge your energy for 20 years later. To commemorate that day what song will you listen to?
Minhyuk : Oasis’ “Don’t Look Back in Anger”,Chemical Brothers’ “Swoon”. When the music plays we will automatically sing a long together.  At the song’s climax we will unconciously raise our hands and rocking it. Coldplay’s “Viva LaVida” is a popular one too. Electronic Club song is one that I personally listen when I need to adjust my mood, and it’s the songs that I listen to when I am in a good mood, or bad mood.


Ceci : After CECI PARTY, we will give you a card to write your wish in. So write down your wishes and use all your luck to make it happen.
Minhyuk :
  • I want to gain weight, get a better build and with exercise I hope I can increase my weight by 4-5 kg that will be enough.
  • I hope my drum skill will improve
  • I hope CNBLUE will be able to make their dreams come true smoothly.
Ceci : There are still a lot of spaces on the card, why don’t you write more?
Minhyuk : I hope I can grow taller by 2 cm, become more handsome, I have a lots of dream, but because it is impossible to achieve that is why I did not say it. In reality I hope CNBLUE’s album will be a big seller, every one of us will improve as an actor. For me, personally I hope I can workout and have a firm build.

Ceci : When we are talking like this I did not get that little boy aura from you, I feel that your manly aura is stronger now.
Minhyuk : For now I have not feel that I have become a mature man. (YongHwa who passed by from behind said, no matter what he do, Kang Min Hyuk is always a mature man)

Ceci : The real manly Kang Min Hyuk, please say some new year blessing to leader YongHwa
Minhyuk :  I am really grateful to everything hyung has done. I hope hyung will not have too many burdens.

Ceci : Do you think that he has lots of burden?
Minhyuk : Yonghwa hyung is not the kind of person who will show that he is under pressure. He is busy worrying about us, and have to assume the responsibility of a lot of things. As a leader who open the path for us I’m afraid that he has a lot of burden. Furthermore, he is lead vocal who write music and lyric, the kind of burden under constant spotlight must be really heavy. If I am a leader I think I will feel that way too.

Ceci : Please write “Kang Min Hyuk User’s Manual Book TIP”,so that everyone know how to get closer to you.
Minhyuk:  There are some places where people misunderstood about me. Firstly it’s the image of a magnae who likes to do aegyo from movies or dramas. There are not a lot of people who feel that I am that kind of person when chatting with me in real life. So I am not sure if it is because of this everyone said that I’m hard to approach. But I am not that kind of person, I just don’t talk a lot. I am totally immersed in what I am doing so you don’t have to worry about me. Just by understanding this part of me, everyone can get closer to me. On the other hand, once we have become closer we will stay like this forever, and become my friend for the whole life.


Scan credit: Parishin
Based on Korean – Chinese translation by: Parishin
Chinese – English translation by: CNBlackYong @tumblr


Source : dkpopnews[dot]net

No comments:

Post a Comment