CN Blue's Minhyuk used to have camera phobia?


» I heard that you used to have a phobia of cameras, how is it now?
I still feel that it’s horrifying. I can be very relaxed when I am shooting still photos for the drama, but I’m still very wary of those portable video camera. My heart beats so fast before filming starts, and I always let everyone feel it (my heartbeat)

» When doing a photoshoot, is there any pose or expression that you particularly like? Or is there any angle where you’re the most handsome?
There is no fixed expression or pose. But I do have one that I really like – it’s the expression of raising my eyebrows.

» Among the many clothes in today’s photo shoot, is there any that you really like or that you feel that it’s not suitable?
I like the white suit the most, and the one for the couple photo. But wearing that extremely short pants is very uncomfortable (I always hide behind the wall every time we stop taking pictures, it is till that extent). And then for the artsy people who likes to wear beanie, that is a bit… (VG : Oh right, I heard that other members don’t like JH to wear beanie?) Yes, we don’t like it (laugh)

» So is there any style that you particularly dislike among girl’s fashion?
I don’t like to see girls wearing clothes that are not suitable for themselves. I feel that leather jackets doesn’t suit me, so if I wear it out just because it’s cool together with a bunch of strange bracelets and necklaces, I probably won’t like it either if I am a girl. If girls dress up in black with lots of rivets, I can still accept that kind of style, but if there is emphasis on sexiness on top of this… (VG : It seems like you don’t like showy style?) That’s right! And I also don’t like clothes which are very revealing. I really don’t like that kind of style.

» The model whom you did the photoshoot with today is 16 years old. What were you doing when you’re 16?
The only thing I did was studying, all the way till junior high



» When was your first love?
The first time I liked a person was during elementary school, but my first love was when I was in high school. That person I first liked lived in the same neighborhood with me, and we were very very close. When I’m playing with her it’s more interesting than playing with other boys. We often play pebbles game together too (VG : Pebbles game?) Looks like she really liked playing that so we always play together. I am always surrounded by a lot of girls playing that pebbles game.

» We ‘unexpectedly’ heard that you’re not popular during school, but with your handsome looks, what’s the reason behind it?
At that time I don’t understand girls, and didn’t understand social cues

» Cha Se Gwang in ‘MHGF’ is a man who understands women well. You would have learnt some tricks when playing that role right?
When I read the script I was very shocked at the part where SeGwang paid the bill. Moreover he carries two credit cards which were exactly the same (in the decisive moment, he used the card with a damaged magnetic strip, as the result he had the girl pay for it). Until now I’ve never gotten determined to get close to a girl.

» So you’ve learnt the secret of blackmailing a girl? (laugh) In the drama when you are out on a date with MalSook, is there anything you would want to do when you have a girlfriend?
I’d like to just go with the flow of our relationship, but it’s easy to lose it. If I have a girlfriend I’ll certainly treat her very well.

» So it’s not only you who thinks like that, your ex-girlfriend agrees with these as well?
Yes that’s right, but my ex-girlfriend is not satisfied with what I did for her. At that time, people around me said that I shouldn’t be too nice to her as it’s easy to get bored.

» So it looks like you’re the type who will contact your girlfriend often right?
Although that’s the case, I’m not the kind who will constantly pester and irritate her. And, I am very good at preparing gifts. If I see that she’s not in a good mood, I’ll give her vita.. (when he accidentally blurted out the brand name, he cautiously looked at the editor). So I bought her that kind of beverage and accompanied her. Compared to very expensive gifts, I think that’s the best way if I can accompany her when she’s feeling down

» CNBLUE is an acronym made up of “CODE NAME BURNING, LOVELY, UNTOUCHABLE, EMOTIONAL” right? In this you represent LOVELY. But have you ever thought of getting out of your lovely image?
This really depends on the beholder. Most people always say that I have a great smile when they first saw me. (VG: Ahahaha (laughing hard)) This is not what I said myself, it’s what our representative and other members said. No matter where we go, we say such things like this.

» “This really depends on the beholder” Looks like you often dish out this phrase. About “should we look at CNBLUE as a BAND or an idol group?” You answered this question the same way too. Actually about your own color, you can also define it clearly or convince other people right?
You’re annoying (laugh). Actually for me it’s better to let people think freely. If we said “We are a band, so please look at us that way” This kind of words is a bit funny right. Anyway, sooner or later people will recognize us as a band. (VG : This words is scarier than saying “I told you we are a band”) My personality has always been like this. After all it’s something you can see to it and let it past. But if there is an opportunity that needs to be seized I won’t let it go.

» Actually a band’s drummer is a position which is hard to get attention. During promotion periods, have you ever felt unhappy regarding exposure?
I have never felt unhappy because of this. The 4 of us think that standing at our own position and giving our best is the coolest. (VG : Have you ever had the idea of doing some sort of drum solo and practiced hard in order to beat the main melody?) I don’t like this kind of limelight-stealing stunts. I simply to immerse myself in my performance and my fans feels that I am cool that way.

» No matter what, now everyone pays close attention to Kang MinHyuk. As CNBLUE’s drummer, even though there is no special introduction, everyone recognizes Kang Min Hyuk now.
Maybe it’s because people didn’t know I’m one of CNBLUE’s member before (laugh). But this is of course something to be happy about.

» How did you get casted to act as Cha Se Gwang?
When I had meeting with the director, it is only decided that I’ll be Cha Yoon Hee’s younger brother, others are not decided yet. But I heard that it’s because I should be able to express variety of expressions that is why I’m casted for this role.




» What do you think of your first scene?
I thought “SHIT!” to myself (laugh). My first appearance is in the nightclub. I have never been to the nightclub before. Because I don’t know what kind of atmosphere it should be, so I’m not confident, and thought that it was pretty awkward acting it. (VG : So that scene was the worst?) Yes.

» So there’s a scene which you think is the best?
Yes, it’s the jogging scene (the one where SeGwang initiated a running competition, then SeGwang won and tied his jacket onto MalSook’s waist. The scene that is famous because of this sentence “Next time don’t go running with such short pants”) I think it’s the best scenes among all scenes I have with MalSook



»Do you and Colin in (Lee Jong Hyun) observe and monitor each other?


I won’t let him watch my drama even if JongHyun hyung wants to do that. Even so, hyung will say “Why? It’s pretty good?”, and then I’ll be very happy and ask “Really? Is it really ok?”. When watching JH hyung’s drama we will also say “This part is not bad”, “That part is not so good”

» After being casted to act as Cha SeGwang, what special preparations did you do?
Firstly, I did a lot of exercise. In “Heartstrings” Jun Hee is very suitable for a small and skinny body, but it’s not for Cha SeGwang. I wanted to learn swimming but too bad there were no opportunities. Ah! And I’ll find very sad movies to watch. For example, and . (VG: Romantic comedies would also do right? Why does it have to be sad movies? Is it because MalSook and SeGwang’s love story will end with a sad ending?) That is not the case, anyway I always find romantic movies to watch.

» If it’s <500 days="days" of="of" summer="summer">?

I already saved this movie into my iPad! (VG : I’m sorry to interrupt, in the movie the lead actress fall in love with a guy who read the same book in a coffee shop. Do you think that having the same interest is important when two people are dating?) I think that if there are more common interest, it’s probably easier to become closer.
» I heard that you like to read Guillaume Musso’s book. So have you ever thought of “falling in love with some who is reading one of his books?’?
If it can strike a common interest, it is definitely a good thing, If we can’t then there’s probably no feelings. Reading his book, we will understand that women and men have different perspectives. So when reading his book I might go “Ah.. How great it would be if I can have this kind of hidden relationship”
» You always said that you want to meet a girl who’s like yourself, so generally what kind of girl it is? A lovely girl? (laugh)
Nope. It’s the kind who will understand how to appreciate insignificant things, and will be moved by that. It would be great if she would only look at me. I am the type who will only look at one person (VG: If you love a girl who also loves you very much too, however at the same time she loves another man and she doesn’t want to let go of both of you. What will you do?) I think that it’s possible. If we really love each other, of course I’ll do my best to keep her by my side. However I would feel a little displeased, somehow.

» After you acted as Cha SeGwang, a lot of people said that this is Kang MinHyuk’s transformation into a bad boy, but actually I’m not sure if Cha SeGwang is really a “bad boy”?
I felt sorry (?) and I find it unfortunate. I think that actually he can be worse. I am actually a stiff person and speaks straightforwardly. This part of me is obviously pretty similar to Cha SeGwang but I can’t showcase it (VG: Is it like the pity when a drama has ended?) If I can express the changes in the relationship better, I think I can be more involved in our dialogues. It’s the unconscious change where he was being mean and kept provoking MalSook but falling for her eventually.
» By the way, at that not-so-tall building, why is it that SeGwang and MalSook can’t see each other?
Exactly. I am looking forward to what could have happened if SeGwang and MalSook met each other. You would be able to see it soon.
» After your debut you have acted in a lot of dramas and movies. When choosing a project do you just accept a good film even if it’s a very unconventional role? Or did you think you need to pick and choose the characters, those which you would want to express yourself in it?
Definitely not. No matter what character it is I want to try it out. As long as I can be immersed in that character it’s always a good experience for me. I’m not worried about that, but my company will (laugh)

» I look forward to it. Today’s interview will end now.
Really? Is it enough? Are you satisfied with my answer? ^^




Based on Chinese translation by : parishin
Translated by: cnblackyong

Edited by: chiffonlau@cnbluestorm

Scans source: mindeok house

Source : dkpopnews[dot]net

No comments:

Post a Comment