Taeyang Had Conflicts with Yang Hyun Suk in Producing Second Solo Album

Big Bang’s Taeyang shared his thoughts on releasing his second solo album.

Taeyang attended the press conference celebrating the release of his second solo album Rise on June 2 in CGV in Gangnam-gu.

Unveiling his music video for the title song Eyes, Nose, Lips for the first time, Taeyang caught attention by appearing topless in the video as he sang out yearning and love.

Taeyang said, “This is the second full length album being released under the name of Taeyang. The album’s title is ‘rise’ as I took a long time to prepare and it has been a long trip. Many things have happened until now and I tried to express them musically without losing any of the moments.”

Taeyang Had Conflicts with Yang Hyun Suk in Producing Second Solo Album

He continued, “There was a great quantity of products but I only selected the best songs to be included. I felt greedy towards the end. It was the hardest part to fight my own greed but I tried to throw away the greed and select nine best songs that anyone would enjoy.”

Taeyang also said, “My initial goal was to produce an album that I could be satisfied with. But in the process of making the album, I began to have obsessions. I had a tendency to go deeper and deeper into the sound and feel of the music that I wanted to do. After much contemplation, I later realized that the I can only touch people’s heart with music when I can convey sincerity.”

He explained, “That’s why the album was delayed. I was into a color and liked it so much that I wanted to fill the album with just one color. I had conflicts with chairman Yang Hyun Suk in that sense, but thanks to that I was able to achieve good progress. Instead of fulfilling my greed, I thought it was more important to present music that more people can enjoy and like, so I picked out the nine songs."

Photo credit: YG Entertainment

Source : mwave[dot]interest[dot]me

No comments:

Post a Comment