Winner’s Debut Album Ranks No. 1 in iTunes for Five Countries

Winner’s debut album has caught the attention of many fans overseas.

According to iTunes’ album chart released on August 13, Winner’s debut album 2014 S/S ranked number one in Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore and Taiwan. It also ranked number 39 in America, ranking high for a new singer.

The debut album released on August 12 has topped nine music charts in Korea with the title track Empty and all ten album tracks have lined up the top ten spots in Olleh, Genie, Daum and Bugs.

The music video for Empty has also been gathering a lot of interest as it recorded reaching over 1.1 million hits as of the morning of August 13 (KST).

Winner’s Debut Album Ranks No. 1 in iTunes for Five Countries

Having achieved great success with its debut album, the Winner members shared their thoughts on the record through its agency.

Winner’s Kang Seung Yoon said, “I didn’t expect this result so I feel dazed. I thought we should work harder in order to return all the love,” and Song Min Ho said, “I’m deeply moved! Thank you so much! I’m dumbfounded. Fighting, more and more.”

Nam Tae Hyun said “I couldn’t believe it,” and Kim Jin Woo said, “I’m so happy. It’s amazing. We will work harder.”

Lastly, Lee Seung Hoon said, “When Lee Hi and Akdong Musician had such great results as new singers, we congratulated them but felt more pressured at the same time. But as much as we took a long time to prepare for the album, we feel like we’ve properly repaid all those who have been waiting for us, so I’m really happy.”

Winner will be presenting its first performance on broadcast on August 17 through SBS’s Inkigayo.

Photo credit: YG Entertainment

Source : mwave[dot]interest[dot]me

No comments:

Post a Comment