[Interview] Mun Ka Young Chooses ‘Mimi’ As Her Number One Character

Starting her acting career as a child, Mun Ka Young finally landed a lead role as ‘Mimi’ in Mnet’s drama Mimi in seven years.

Despite the fact that it was her first drama as the lead actress, there was no controversy surrounding her acting skills throughout the drama. Mun Ka Young was Mimi, and Mimi was Mun Ka Young.

[Interview] Mun Ka Young Chooses ‘Mimi’ As Her Number One Character

“I tried to have similar looks to the character in the original version, movie M. I watched the original one, starred by Lee Yeon Hee sunbaenim, and tried to keep her pure, innocent look but added in sassy traits that are seen in a high school girl. It was easier to act since I’m actually in high school now.”

Acting out the role of ‘first love’ in the drama, Mun Ka Young had the pure looks to carry on the title of ‘the country’s first love,’ following miss A’s Suzy.

Mun Ka Young waved off the compliment and said, “The country’s first love? No way. I can’t dare be that. I can’t have such groundless confidence. If anyone says that, it’s thanks to the director made me look pretty in the scenes. I was really happy to see that I came out pretty after watching the first episode.”

[Interview] Mun Ka Young Chooses ‘Mimi’ As Her Number One Character

‘Mimi’ is a character who suffers from an unknown illness and dies due to an incident, but lingers around her first love even after death.

Coincidentally, Mun Ka Young has taken on ghost roles three times in a row.

Being amazed herself, she said, “I acted as a ghost in the film The Webtoon and in drama Who Are You. But this was my first time acting out a ghost who also has a bright side (laughter). It was fun since each ghost has its own characteristic. But it was tough to wear the same clothes unfit for the weather. Mimi was filmed during winter time, but I had to wear a thin cardigan and a dress throughout filming. I was jealous to see [Max] Changmin oppa dressed in warm clothes.”

[Interview] Mun Ka Young Chooses ‘Mimi’ As Her Number One Character

Another reason that Mun Ka Young received the spotlight was because she acted opposite top idol group TVXQ’s Max Changmin.

Having filmed the kiss scene one the first day of filming, the two have become close partners.

“He is really famous, as you know. I was worried in the beginning, because there is a big age gap and I’ve heard that he doesn’t talk a lot, and has so many fans,” said the actress. “But in person, he was a really mature sunbae who takes care of those around him. I think the fans also just think I’m cute since I’m eight years younger than him. They showed a lot of support for the drama, which also gave me energy. The kiss scene also came out really pretty, and became oppa [Max Changmin] and my favorite scene.”

Choosing ‘Mimi’ as her number one character so far, Mun Ka Young said, “I filmed by traveling back and forth between Busan and Incheon. But it was not tiring at all. I enjoyed it so much that I told my manager oppa I want to film everyday, but he seemed to be tired (laughter). The drama taught me so many things. I learned to enjoy shaping a character and it also gave me the opportunity take on diverse characters in the future. I would like to meet many people as an actress now, not a child actress.”

Photo credit: enews/Kim Byung Kwan


Source : mwave[dot]interest[dot]me

No comments:

Post a Comment