B1A4 - The theme for their new song is “a cute playboy”!?


B1A4 - The theme for their new song is “a cute playboy”!?

Q: This time, please tell us about your new single that you have released on August 29th.
[Everyone] Okay~.
[CNU] This song mixes in the somewhat nostalgic sounds of the 80’s and 90’s and the now popular electro sound.
[Jinyoung] I believe that it is an impressive song that makes you have a happy feeling and has a good rhythm bass. And the theme for this song is “a cute playboy” who is apologetic to his girlfriend, but for only one night is going to deceive her.
[Gongchan]The story is that he puts her to sleep first and then he secretly goes out to have fun, but he is also worried about what if she finds out.

Q: Although you say playboy, you’re not a complete playboy then?
[Sandeul] Yes. While feeling sorry for what he isdoing and has a weak attitude, he is a playboy who you cannot hate (laugh).

Q: He is admitting that he is the “bad guy” in the end by saying and
[Jinyoung] But I think that that is the good thing about the protagonist, the cute side of him. He prepares to leave to town by putting on his jacket, but from there he starts to have an internal conflict.
[Sandeul] But his wanting to go out at night wins and he leaves (laugh). I think that the way his feelings are moved and changed are an interesting part of this song. Also the part was something I would have never been able to think of and interesting.

Q: The music and lyrics this time were created by Jinyoung (The secret stories of the production will be revealed in the following issues!).
[Sandeul] When I first heard this song, I was like “Jinyoung hyung, you’re the best!!~~~!!!” and wanted to jump onto him, that’s how much I liked this song and I couldn’t sleep from being so excited (laugh).

Q: Did you go out to town and make a racket like in the lyrics?
[Jinyoung] As far as I know, Sandeul went to bed as usual (laugh).
[Sandeul] Huh? Did I get tired from the excitement and go to bed then? (laugh).
[Jinyoung]But Sandeul’s sleeping face is really cute (laugh).

Q: Like you’re seeing the sleeping face of a baby.
[Gongchan] If you’re only watching his sleeping face then it is really healing but his sleeping habits……
[Everyone] (laugh)

Q: Then we shall have a specific interview for that later. We know that Baro writes his own raps, but what was everyone’s reaction when you let them hear it for the first time?
[Baro] Everyone’s reactions were different, but they said that “It’s original!”“It’s interesting!”

Q: What is your favorite part of the rap?
[Baro]I like “Good nightchu(heart) I’ll see you tomorrow” the best. But saying that, this part was the most difficult to rap. Because we have already recorded several songs in Japanese, the other parts were not hard to rap, but only this part didn’t turn out the way I imagined. I tried about 100 times in recording to get it (force smile).

Q: We did not know you struggled that much!? How was it for you Sandeul?
[Sandeul] I still have difficulty with the pronunciations. But this is something that I would have to practice and get used to, so I am going to try my best and practice a lot!
[Gongchan]When we record in Japanese, we try to pronounce the Japanese words as accurately as possible so that our Japanese fans don’t listen to it uncomfortably and with a sense of distance, and the recording takes longer for that matter.
[Jinyoung] But compared to our debut single, I think we can record faster now. When we first recorded, we sang our original song that was translated into Japanese and we tried to understand the lyrics and struggled, but this time, since we were used to the difference, I think we were able to record it faster.
[CNU] To be honest, I haven’t had any experiences like what is said in “Oyasumi good night” so I had trouble trying to figure out how to express the lyrics in the song. Jinyoung advised me saying “Why don’t you sing while imagining a playboy” so I recorded while having my own image of a playboy.

Q: So in this song, the 5 of you are playing 5 different playboys.
[Jinyoung] Yes. But in the music video (MV), Baro is the protagonist and plays a “cute playboy” who dreams about secretly going out on a date with a different girl! And we play the roles of the friend who helps “that playboy = Baro” in succeeding in his plan.!
[Gongchan] We help Baro hyung by making his girlfriend look away and safely see another girl~
[Sandeul] I think it is an interesting MV where you can see how our team work was tested throughBaro’s funny acting and B1A4 who helps Baro.

Q: How was it for you, Baro, to act as the protagonist?
[Baro] I am helped by my friends in order to see another girl, but I have never been in a situation like this either, so I imagined “Maybe it goes something like this~?” and had fun with the acting.
[Jinyoung] I would like everyone to watch Baro’s bold acting and the rest of our comical acting.
[CNU]Jinyoung’s serious and funny acting is also a highlight. He stood out at the recording area and it was a really playful atmosphere.
[Baro] You should also keep an eye out for the different members who played my friends because they all had their own personalities in their acting! And it should be more fun to watch if you closely see our process to get me to get with the other girl. I myself, of course, and I believe the audience will be able to experience the feelings of a cute playboy.

Q: Even a girl?
[Baro] Yes. Don’t think of it as the one who is being cheated on, think of it as if you were the one cheating (laugh).
[Sandeul] And it would be nice if you could understand the feelings of a guy! ……Ah! It’s not that I am suggesting people to be playboys (laugh).
[Gongchan] I agree. Even if we are friends, I honestly would not want to help with cheating. If I think about how the girlfriend would feel.
[CNU] It would be troublesome if we were thought of as “B1A4 = playboy”.
[Jinyoung]Of course I am the same as well. This song is merely only an aspiration and B1A4 is a serious group. Since you can kind of do anything in music. Because you can experience different situations and people and things you cannot normally do in music!
[Sandeul] But I think that it is like us that even in the song that we aren’t perfect playboys and that we are cute playboys (laugh).





source: ORICON
trans cr: kouko @ AVIATEB1A4

Source : dkpopnews[dot]net

No comments:

Post a Comment