G-Dragon's Interview in K& Magazine: Part ②



Q17: What is so nice about carrying out your solo activities?
A: I can do the things that I want to do. When I am carrying out the activities with Big Bang members, because I have to consider the benefits of the group, I cannot just wear what I want to. It is just not good that if there is a person who is different from the others in the group…
However, when I am carrying out my solo activities, there are no such restrictions. I can try out different kinds of styles.
Therefore, I have the chance to try out the clothes that I have been wanting to try. I have also taken up the challenge of making the music that I want to experiment with. I can do what I want to do.


Q18: There were scandals about your plagiarizing music of foreign artists. 
A: If there are some foreign artists that you like, then it will affect your music style. However, it is weird that if you say that directly affects the style of your rap and the songs.
Even though we are singing about the same theme, we can still change the ways that we express our feelings. If you describe that as plagiarism, don’t you think that it is just an misunderstanding about the artists?
Although there was such a scandal, I do not care about their comments on this.


Q19: What are the differences between your activities in Big Bang (as a group) and as G-Dragon (solo)?
A: I have thought of distinguishing them before, now I try hard not to make a distinction between them. No matter if I am working in a group or carrying out my solo activities, I am just so eager to produce good music.
If I really have to make a distinction, compared with (solo versus) working in ‘Big Bang,’. I can try the music that I want when carrying out my solo activities. And with ‘Big Bang’, I try to produce music which can be appreciated by more people.
If friends think, 'this music can only be produced by G-Dragon’, then I will be very happy.


Q20: There are people saying, 'after Seo Taiji, only G-Dragon can give us such a strong solo’.
A: This is my pleasure but I think this is just an illusion of the audience. I do not strive for that. I understand how good the showbiz was when Seo Taiji and Boys were leading the field.
Instead of saying I am striving to be like him, I have been working hard to find my own style. I want to produce music like ‘DEUX’ or ‘015B’ ,the music that people still remember after 10 years or 20 years.


Q21: There are people who comment that you tend to 'reach the climax before other artists’.
A: I am very grateful for the compliment. This is something which can encourage me when I am working hard. However, since I don’t know what my future will be like, I don’t think I am already at the peak.
I think people think I am good through the cameras or after watching my stage performance. My target is that I will/can make music after 10 or 15 years.
Before I reach my goal, there are some praises on me but also some negative comments.
In fact, I am that kind of person who does not really care about what others say about me, no matter what kinds of response they give me, I will not be affected.
I hope this kind of character can lead me to my final destination.


Q 22: The fans that impressed you most?
A: I cannot forget what happened when our ALIVE tour took place in China.
The Chinese fans used their cars to surround us, which stopped us from moving anywhere. Then, those fans got out of their cars and took pictures of us.
Fortunately, after taking the pictures, they let us go. Although it was quite terrifying, when I looked back now, it sounds quite interesting.


Q23: The styles of music that you love the most? 
A: I like hip-hop very much. This was also from the charm of hip-hop that I started to know music.
Of course, this is also the field that I have the most confidence in. However, since there are a lot of excellent people and they have different standards, I just think it is the best only when I can do things that really satisfy myself.


Q24: PSY of your company has become a worldwide super star, don’t you envy him?
A: I am really happy for his being successful and I also envy him. Although he has achieved great success and changed many people’s perceptions towards Asian artists, I think while he is feeling happy, he is also feeling stressed about it.
Although I cannot understand what he feels 100 percent, we did feel the same when we were at the EMAs as Korean artists and won the Worldwide Act Award for the first time.
No matter what, because PSY has opened the door towards the overseas market, I hope that the activities of the Korean artists can continue on smoothly.


Q25: What do you think is the secret to success for ‘Gangnam Style’?
A: After listening to it, we can follow along with it to sing very easily. People can sing it in KTV or when they are playing with friends. The parody lyrics are also very good. This is a song which can hype up the mood.
There is no standard about what good songs are but Psy's ‘Gangnam Style’ reflects what the society is like to some extent.
The music market of America now is not as prosperous and people are searching for songs that can make them happy. However, there are songs which do have the format but no fun can be found in them.
Psy is really superb.


Source:pizastarXxXx @weibo
Translation: @RiceKwon


Source : dkpopnews[dot]net

No comments:

Post a Comment