“Liar Game” Writer Asserts the Upcoming Drama Is a Remake of Original Comic, Not of Japanese Drama

“Liar Game” Writer Asserts the Upcoming Drama Is a Remake of Original Comic, Not of Japanese Drama

On October 13, during the press conference for the upcoming tvN drama “Liar Game,” the scriptwriter, Ryu Yong Jae, stated that this production is not a remake of the Japanese drama.

The writer emphasized, “I created a remake of the original comic, not a remake of the Japanese drama. It’s a different version from the Japanese one. The thing I kept in mind as I thought about making the adaptation is ‘Why did I choose ‘Liar Game?’ The Japanese drama also interpreted the original differently, and the same goes for our production.”

Ryu Yong Jae continued to explain, “One part that is a unique interpretation is the character of Kang Do Young, as well as the set-up of a reality show. I’ve been preparing this production for a long time. Before planning [“Liar Game”] with tvN, I had concerns about the airing of the show “The Genius” because there were a lot of overlapping aspects, but now it’s become a kind of ally.”

Meanwhile, “Liar Game” is set to premiere on October 20, following the end of “My Secret Hotel.”



Source : soompi[dot]com

No comments:

Post a Comment