[INTERVIEW] F.CUZ "We've Turned Over a New Leaf and Returned"!













Idol group F.CUZ has ended their hiatus of a year and returned to the music industry with their new song ‘No. 1’. F.CUZ, who experienced the pains of a member withdrawing last June, returned after adding new members and becoming stronger.

Recently, F.CUZ met us and revealed their changed team colors and upgraded music, in addition to their stronger determination.

‘No. 1’ was made from a joint effort by Monday Kiz’s leader Lee Jinsung and the composer of Hwanhee’s ‘Love Pains,’ Melodin Junyoung, who has also worked with Dong Bang Shin Ki, Super Junior, and other SM artists. It incorporates an electronic sound and the worldwide leading trend dubstep into K-POP with a pop melody.

By expressing the manly and straightforward lyrics that convey the message ‘the woman I love is number one to me,’ F.CUZ is escaping their boyish image and showing off intense charisma and masculinity, while also conveying their determination and aspiration of becoming ‘number one in the music industry.’

Until now, F.CUZ’s dances has emphasized each individual’s charms, but they are leaving that behind for synchronized choreography that shows off their more-developed dance skills, while wearing EL-Wire Suits – innovative outfits that use LED’s – to show off a colorful and strong performance.

“The previous F.CUZ performed while focusing on each of the four members. If we kept this image, we thought we would keep thinking of our friend – the original member – so we changed our team colors. During this performance, you can see a synchronization-oriented performance. The sum of the five members is a point to be observed. We think we have become more idol group-like by showing our group becoming one.” (Jinon)

“In the middle of the performance, we have a dance break when we wear LED’s on our clothes. We can turn on and off the lights while dancing so spectators will be able to taste the intensity and difference. It’s the hidden card of our performance.” (Kan)

“The title song ‘No. 1’ consists mostly of a heavy electronic sound. By adding a hint of the genre dubstep, we improved the song’s quality and completeness. The genre dubstep might seem a little foreign but the song was worked out like K-POP. When you hear it, you’ll be able to feel three genres.” (Yejun) 

“There was a lot of difficulty trying to formulate a song with dubstep. It has a Korean melody. Electronic sound, which is popular with the young audience, is also added so everyone can like it, male or female, old or young.” (Daegeon)

New members Raehyun and Daegeon are able to stand on stage as they do now because they passed an audition for F.CUZ’s new member. We heard about their story leading up to their addition into F.CUZ.

“I used to act but I wanted to sing while also doing acting. While thinking this, I opened up my eyes to idol groups. I was able to ask a lot to my old school friends Kan and Yejun. But we couldn’t talk easily because their group was not in a good situation. One day, I was trying to call my mom, whose number is saved as ‘The first lady(영부인),’ but I accidentally called Kan. It’s because Kan’s name is Younghak (영학). (Laughs) So coincidentally, Kan and I had the opportunity to talk and I heard that they were looking for a new member, so I took the audition, thinking that I should catch this opportunity. The first time, I was not very prepared and did not pass but I tried again with a change of heart and was added to F.CUZ” (Raehyun)

“Ever since I was young, I had many dreams and wanted to do many things. In high school, I quickly fell in love with music and became interested in idol groups. During high school, I took an audition and was signed to a small agency. I debuted but I left the company thinking that I was still lacking, and it would be best to debut after preparing a little more. I attending vocal lessons and prepared. At the news that F.CUZ was looking for a new member, I took the audition and fortunately passed.” (Daegeon)

Interestingly enough, all of the F.CUZ members besides Daegeon graduated from Anyang Arts High School. It’s an interestingly coincidental member line-up.

“A lot of people misunderstand because four of us went to the same high school. Many people took the audition to become a member of F.CUZ but these members were chosen among them. Also, the four members are friends and senior-juniors to each other from the same school so we were worried that Daegeonnie would feel left out. We worked hard to fit the balance of the team to avoid this feeling of being left out.” (Jinon)

“Because I was the only one from a different school, I felt slightly left out at the beginning. But one day all the members got together to drink beer (T/N: I looked up Korea’s legal drinking age – 20 by Korean age. Yejun has been legally allowed to drink since January 1, 2011 :3) Jinon-hyung figured out the bar that I was thinking of and I overheard him telling the members to take good care of me. I was so touched at that moment. Of course, I don’t feel left out now.” (Daegeon)

After the withdrawal of a member, F.CUZ almost disbanded. The reason they were able to overcome the tough times and stand again at this spot seems to be the three members’ passion that does not give up and the harmony of two new members’ ambition.

“I have Jinon-hyung to thank for me being a member of F.CUZ. I used to follow Jinon-hyung a lot in high school so when he recommended the F.CUZ audition, I took it. Even though the group was tough, I trusted Jinon-hyung and stayed.” (Kan)

“Because Jinon-hyung is the oldest and the leader, he has the responsibility of taking care of his dongsaengs (T/N: i.e. the younger members). So we expected a lot from our hyung. The opportunity for the three of us to work together again was because our goals and our thoughts that ‘We can’t end it like this’ were the same. No matter how hard it was, stopping now would mean all of our past efforts are going to waste. Trying and regretting is different from not trying and regretting.” (Yejun)

“We were worried that our relatively short practice period would be disadvantageous for the group. So we had to work two to three times as hard as the other members. It was hard mentally but the members’ consolations and encouragement helped me overcome it.” (Raehyun)

“Because I have the experience of failing, I didn’t want to fail again. So I grit my teeth and practiced persistently.” (Daegeon)

“One day, after our schedule was finished, I secretly went into the practice room at 2AM and it was very humid. That’s how hard the new members practiced. I was thankful that they were practicing as hard as they could. It’s not easy to start as a new member in a group that has failed once.” (Jinon)

Through their hard experiences and endless agony, the five young adults have come back stronger. Because of these events, F.CUZ was able to mature and develop. We are looking forward to seeing them leap for the top.

“As it has been a year and five months since we last stood onstage, we have prepared a lot. We are going to show you a lot so that the new F.CUZ, not the previous F.CUZ, can become ‘number one’ of the music industry.” (Jinon)

“Because this album comes from our hard times, you’ll be able to see a F.CUZ that’s soft on the outside, but tough on the inside. Please look forward to it.” (Yejun)

“Until now, for each of our three albums, our team has sunk because of incidents, accidents, and other unfavorable conditions. We can’t go any deeper. (Laughs) Now we can only go up.” (Kan)











Original: Nate News
Translation: MaxRide @ Fcuzed







Source : http://www.dkpopnews.net/2012/05/interview-fcuz-weve-turned-over-new.html

No comments:

Post a Comment