[NEWS] T-ara's Hyomin, “Fashion-idol? I still have much to show you”!


The idols' fashion is not limited to the stage anymore. Their sense of fashion such as ‘everyday/civilian fashion’, ‘airport fashion' etc is becoming the center of attention lately. It is most likely because the general public can easily imitate their 'real way' (normal) fashion and style.

Whenever an idol's paparazzi or self-posted selca photo is posted online, the first thing people focus on nowadays is their fashion. Even though the same sweatsuit is worn, the sales for that sweatsuit immediately rises when a fashion-idol wears it. So it is no surprise that an industry would often send a love call to a fashion-idol. A company/enterprise will even open an online shop with an idol if he/she is a popular fashion-idol with an exceptional sense of style.

Currently, a popular fashion-idol is T-ARA's ‘Hyomin’. She recently opened an online shop ‘Hyomin Shop’ on Gmarket. Her fashion lifestyle is constantly being posted online and receiving much love and response from netizens. 

Fashion-idol? Sunbae G-Dragon is the true fashion-idol~

What does Hyomin think of the ‘fashion-idol’ nickname given to her? “Honestly, it's a bit burdensome. When you look at the fashionistas, they have their own distinct style – it becomes that style's pronoun. But I don't have my own style yet. That's why I think it's an overstatement to call me a ‘fashion-idol’, ‘fashionista’ right now. I just enjoy dressing up,” she responded. 

I was curious who the modest Hyomin thought was Korea's fashion-idol. “I think Big Bang's G-Dragon sunbae is. He constantly tries out unique and diverse styles. More than that, every item has a story behind it and even the smallest detail contributes a theme. His attention to detail stands out. I think he mix-and-matches really well.”

Wouldn't one of the reasons why Hyomin's fashion stands out be because her slim body? I asked what her secrets were in maintaining her figure. “I can't always go on a diet because I do a lot of strength-consuming activities. But if there was a specific method I had, it would be decreasing the greasy/fatty foods intake as much as I can. When I eat grilled meat, I squeeze out as much oil as possible; and when I eat fried foods, I try to avoid eating the fried batter. Oh, and I also try to decrease the salt intake as well. If possible, I usually eat things bland.”

Hyomin is always careful in what she eats and takes good care of her body because her eating habits and lifestyle largely affects her skin health in addition to her diet. But she says she doesn't have time to take care of her body due to the busy schedule until February next year.


Thoughts on concept-idol? I just said what I wanted to say~

On memorial day, she revealed the meaning of memorial day through her personal SNS account, and was called the ‘concept-idol’ thereafter. Then what did Hyomin do on memorial day? “I was in Japan due to preparations for our Japan promotion. They were calling me the concept-idol, but I was really embarrassed. It's not like I said something no one thought of, so I was really surprised when the logical (and natural) statement I made became such a big issue. Actually, my grandfather is buried at the memorial cemetery. That's why I visited the memorial cemetery on memorial day ever since I was little. But since I was in Japan this year, I couldn't visit the cemetery on memorial day, and my uncle texted me a photo of Mugunghwa (national flower of Korea, rose of Sharon, hibiscus). However, I saw on the news that the young students did not know the meaning of memorial day. So I posted the meaning with the intention of sharing the knowledge with everyone. I just did what was expected and necessary.”

If I am a Hallyu-idol, I should enjoy the time on stage~

By diligently preparing for T-ARA's first Japanese album release at the cost of being unable to visit her grandfather on memorial day, ‘Jewelry Box’ rose to #2 on the Oricon chart and started off with a success. T-ARA is currently on their Japan tour concert. “I am very thankful and surprised by all the love and interest we've received in Japan. We didn't expect it at all. I was really nervous at first. Our overseas promotions started a lot sooner than we expected, and we weren't able to learn Japanese before leaving for Japan. We were just told to learn Japanese firsthand while we're there. It was also a bit scary because of the attention we received even before we were able to grasp the language. But we will study hard, learn the language, and perform well to satisfy our fans' expectations.”

The 7,800 seats for their first concert in Thailand was also all sold out. They are currently exceeding Korea and entering the Hallyu position as idols. I asked what her resolutions were as a Hallyu-idol. “I think we were able to receive this much love because we were lucky enough to join the Hallyu wave at its highest. I don't want to disappoint the many people who love KPOP. I think it is important for us to have fun and enjoy the stage while performing – our courtesy to our fans. We need to work hard.”


Hyomin believes it is a singer's duty to have fun and enjoy the stage. She says she tossed her heels aside and had fun while energetically running around barefooted during the Thailand concert's encore performance. She enjoyed that impromptu performance, and still has a big smile whenever she reminisces and thinks about that moment. 

Hyomin wants to meet her friends not only as a singer but also as an actress. She has been cherishing her dream to be on the big screen for a long time. “I want to work on a serious movie project. It was hard to immerse in my character when filming ‘Ghastly’ (aka Gisaeng Spirit) because I was also busy as a singer. If I get the chance to be in another movie, I am going to go all-in and give my undivided attention and time. I want to play the role of a strong character like sunbae Sori Moon's character in ‘Oasis’.” She wants to act on a role that will leave a strong impression rather than just a pretty role. 

We look forward to Hyomin's future self that will receive much more love than right now as she is featured on TV and on the big screen in the future.


Source: http://bntnews.hanky...4&mode=sub_view
Translated by: x은영이 @ Diadem 

Source : dkpopnews[dot]net

No comments:

Post a Comment