Lee Hyori’s wedding remark garners backlash


Lee Hyori recently attended Uhm Tae Woong and Yoon Hye Jin’s wedding ceremony held on January 9th at the Conrad Hotel in Yeouido, Seoul.

She started by congratulating the newlywed couple, saying, “I hope they will have a happy wedded life. I know Tae Woong has a dog, so I hope that even after he gets married, he will still take good care of the dog.”

As a reporter asked about her wedding plan, Lee Hyori said, “The president herself hasn’t gotten married yet and I don’t see a reason why I should hurry.”

The singer gained criticism for her statement with some netizens claiming she was taking a jab at Park Geun Hye. They commented, “What does the president being single have anything to do with you?”, “Did she really have to bring in a political figure into this?” and more.

Source : dkpopnews[dot]net

No comments:

Post a Comment