BTOB’s Minhyuk: “My Friends Call Me the Holiday Star”

BTOB’s Minhyuk: “My Friends Call Me the Holiday Star”

BTOB’s Minhyuk: “My Friends Call Me the Holiday Star”

BTOB’s Minhyuk who took home multiple medals from MBC’s Lunar New Year special, “Idol Star Athletics Championships,” expressed his thoughts about being called a “holiday star.”

Minhyuk held an interview session with a Korean media outlet and shared some behind-the-scenes stories about winning a total of four medals (3 gold, 1 silver) at the 2014 “Idol Star Athletics Championships.”

He said, “My friends say I get attention during the holidays, so they call me the holiday star. Our new album will release soon, and I plan on doing my best to show everything I prepared.” He also added, “After the ‘Idol Star Athletics Championships’ aired, some of my friends whom I haven’t talked to in a long time contacted me. It was cool catching up with them.”

BTOB, with Minhyuk as a member, debuted in 2012. Since then, they have been busily promoting with their handsome looks and distinguished performance skills. This was Minhyuk’s third time participating in the “Idol Star Athletics Championships.”

Minhyuk set a new record in the high jump and won the gold medal. In addition, he also won gold medals for the male 60m race and futsal. He took home the silver medal for the co-ed 400 m race and received the MVP award.

Minhyuk is known to enjoy sports, but no matter how much an idol star enjoys and does well in sports, he must feel some pressure to attain good results on the show. According to the production staff of the show, many idol stars express the pressure they feel about having to beat the records and to achieve good results.

However, Minhyuk was different. He said, “When I participated on the show my first time, I didn’t know what was going on, so I just tried my best to qualify to the final rounds. This Lunar New Year was my third time at the event. I was pretty familiar with everything, so I didn’t feel a lot of pressure. I only thought about doing my best.”

BTOB had a great start to the New Year with Minhyuk’s favorable results at the “Idol Star Athletics Championships.” The group will be making a comeback on February 17 with a new track “Beep Beep” composed by hit producer, Brave Brothers.

Source 

Check out the results of Day 1 and Day 2 of the Idol Star Athletics Championships!


Source : soompi[dot]com

No comments:

Post a Comment